Blueberry Cheesecake Pie
Courtesy of Chef Abigail Hutchinson, CEC
1 ¼ cup Nilla Wafers, crumb in food processor
¾ cup Pecan Pieces, crumb in food processor
½ cup Light Brown Sugar
½ cup Unsalted Butter, melted
8 oz. Philly Cream Cheese
½ cup sugar
2 each Eggs, beaten
4 ½ cups Fresh Blueberries, rinsed
1 cup Sugar
2 tbsp Cornstarch
1 tbsp Plain Gelatin, bloom in gelatin, set aside
¼ cup Water
1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the cookies, pecans and brown sugar in a bowl and blend well. Add the melted butter and press into a 9 inch pie shell
- Beat the cream cheese with the paddle attachment and slowly add the sugar and eggs. Blend well.
- Pour into the pie shell and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, cool
- Put the sugar, cornstarch, gelatin and lemon juice into a sauce pot and melt down.
- Add 1 cup of the blueberries to the pot and bring to a boil. Sauce should thicken a bit. Turn down to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining blueberries and pull from heat. Blend well and transfer to a stainless steel bowl.
- Fill a larger bowl with ice and place the smaller bowl in the ice so that the sauce will start to cool. Using a rubber spatula, stir frequently scraping the sides of the bowl
- When the sauce has cooled and starts to turn to jelly, pull out of ice bath and put on top of the cold cheesecake.
Spread the berries/sauce over the cheesecake evenly and chill for 2 hours.
Serve with whipped cream, candied pecans and raspberry sauce.